Learn how to build your author platform in a live 8-week workshop
8 week class, Wednesdays, 12:00-1:30pm PST starting on April 14, 2021
*This live workshop takes place on Zoom and is limited to 12 participants.
Have you ever asked yourself…
- Why do I have to build an author platform? Is it worth it?
- How do I make my website more effective?
- What should I put on my website?
- Why, when, and how should I send an email newsletter?
- What should I post on social media?
- Who are my readers?
- How do I find more people who will enjoy and buy my book?
- How do I do “author marketing” without feeling icky about “self-promotion”?
- How do I do all this without it taking over my writing time?
Join an intimate group of writers to learn what matters most when it comes to building your author platform.
This live 8-week workshop is for authors who might describe themselves as beginners or intermediate when it comes to platform building. You’re serious about your writing career and you’re ready to be more intentional to grow your platform, but you are not sure what’s most important to focus on with the limited time you have to invest in it. And you maybe have some big feelings about social media and “self-promotion” that make you dread the pressure to do this whole “platform building” thing.
My goal is to help authors understand how to effectively grow their platform, take control of their writing career, and let go of all icky feelings related to “marketing” and “platform.”
You may have a book published, but realize you need a refresh when it comes to how you handle connecting with readers. Or you may be on the search for a literary agent and want to get your internet presence ready. This live workshop will help you get clarity and make progress.
By the end of this 8-week class you will…
- be on your way to building your author platform with clarity and confidence
- have completed an audit of your existing author platform
- have updated bios for your website and all social channels
- have a better understanding of your ideal audience
- have a plan for the next 6 months for your social media and email marketing
- have ideas and next steps for growing your audience in a way that is unique to you
- Week 1: How do I build my platform effectively and authentically? aka “Introduction to content marketing for authors”
- Week 2: Who am I and why am I doing this? aka “Your bio and defining success for your platform”
- Week 3: Who are my readers? Why does it matter? aka “Understanding and reaching your audience”
- Week 4: How do I make my website more effective? aka “Creating a successful website that grows your audience”
- Week 5: Why do I need an email newsletter, how do I grow my subscriber list? aka “The essentials of email marketing for authors “
- Week 6: What should I post on social media? aka “Making social media fun and effective”
- Week 7: How do I find more people who will enjoy and buy my book? aka “Strategies for growing your platform”
- Week 8: What do I do next? aka “Bringing it all together and making your plan for the next 6 months”
This is for you if…
- You are on the search for a literary agent and want to get your internet presence ready.
- You have a book published, but realize you need a refresh when it comes to how you handle connecting with readers online
- You know you want to publish a book one day and you want to start now to build your audience
- You are currently writing a book and want to make sure you’re growing your audience at the same time
Fill out the form below to apply.
This live workshop takes place on Zoom and is limited to 12 participants.
In order to make sure it’s a good fit for you, please fill out the form below to apply. I’ll review your submission and send you a link to purchase and hold your spot if I’m confident it’s a good fit for you.
Filling out the form does not commit you to anything. Feel free to include any questions you have for me.